Friday, December 10, 2010

BAKER Dozen: Plus However Much They Want of Federal Loan Money



Baker College




I went to Baker College from September of 2002, until April of 2003.  I was subsequently arrested by US Marshals in the hall, and was suspended.  Before I was suspended, I was having major problems with the cohort group I was in.  Everyone knew about my case, and were suspicious of me.  I think from the beginning that the crookedness knew that my recent arrest was a scam.  You should have seen the look on Jeff Love's face, when I was arrested.  It said, "She's in with the Feds?  I'm stealing Federal money...Holy S@#!"  I was immediately targeted by the administration, before the Marshals ever came and got me there.  Namely a woman by the name of Sue Cathcart.  There was a rumor that she and Jeff Love the college's President were having an affair.  When her husband took over a few of my Psychology classes, I found him rather foolish.  What man is gullible enough to not know that his wife is having sex with her boss, but then goes to pick-up a few extra bucks as a sub.  That scenario was rather entertaining to me.  He had the same attitude as most of the people had with me.  He gave me a hard time.

Sue wasn't impressed with my grade point average.  It was far to high for her taste.  At Baker, most of the African-Americans who go there have a substandard education from the Pontiac Schools.  They don't know how to form correct sentences or do math that includes letters.  All those who can, do not want to go to Baker. A young woman I worked with at Sears (not a thief) told me about their Accelerated Bachelor's Program.  Getting up there in age, I thought it would be an ideal way, to get an education quickly.  After I did the equivalent of two years at Baker's five quarters that would be around a year and a half.  I would then go on to Walsh, and receive a Master's in Business Administration.  Sue Cathcart, found my plan a bit over zealous for a Negro like me.  Seeing that I not only had the potential to sniff out what was really going on at Baker, and tell someone about it, she became cautious of me.  With this obsession, came fear from the other Professors and Administrators.   She and I began to have run-ins on a regular basis.

Sue's biggest problem was that she didn't have a P.h.D.  That was what is always needed by professors on the college and university level in order to excel at their profession.  At the college level, if you are vying for advancement and there is a Doctorate Professor or Administrator in front of you or in back of you, there is no way for promotion over that person.  Even if you are having sex with the President of the school, accreditation and stuff calls for certain criterion.  Sue Cathcart had none of these credentials.  So it was her duty to harass and eliminate all of those people who  possessed them.  At the top of her list of course, was White males holding the degree.  Coincidentally, I had a Professor who had a P.h.D. who was a White male.  Sue would always allow some mis-fortunate loser to join a cohort group.   This person's main purpose was to harass and disrupt the teachings of the P.h.D.  The guy she chose to do this in this case was another White male of less fortunate background.  When we would meet or gather in different places, before, during or after class, he would talk the teacher down.  Say how he was inept, unorganized and none proficient at running the class.  Although we never met in this program enough, for that to even be an issue.

One day, when I came to class early, I saw Sue and this man in a huddle talking.  From the look on their faces, they were in the throws of a deep conversation about some dirt.  You know how you can just tell, when something ain't right?  You can walk past a situation and suddenly a light bulb goes on in your head.  Especially, because this guy had admitted in class that he didn't even have an Associate's Degree or what equaled an Associate's Degree, but that Sue had just let him in on a few college credits and "work experience".  He was only 34 years old, and that must have been a heck of a lot of work experience.  Once he got his Bachelor's in less than two years, he would get a sizable raise at work.  So he was indebted to Sue.

I never knew her real reason for wanting to keep control of the programs at Baker; not at first anyway.  Due to the intimate relationship she had with Jeff Love, she ran the show.  He was just a symbol for what a President was, but when it came down to all of the everything else...Sue handled it.  Sort like Christine Beatty to Kwame Kilpatrick type of arrangement.  They had mates at home, but the school was a different home, where she had his back and she ran the show for him to get into other things.  In this case it wasn't the City of Detroit's taxpayers dollars, but Federal Student Loan checks.  This is the biggest scam I have heard of to this day!

I believe that African-Americans are real target in these cases.  Hit them up after they leave Baker or even while they are there, by putting student loans in their name.  I know I  have a student loan in my name on the record, after I left Baker and had been gone for five months.  Plus, an additional loan I had taken out that I never asked for.  I told you how simple it is to cash those checks, if you have tellers and friends in the bank willing to break Federal law and illegally cash them.  Like Adrian Burns and her son Ben, who had "dummy accounts" for Girl Scouts in the bank he worked for.  Since after they get the loans, cash the checks, and claim that they cancelled the loans, everything is forgotten.  The only problem is they never send the money back to the lending institution.  In my case when I called to inquire about the loans, the company only knows that the funds have not been returned if you ask about it.  There is no system in place that let's an institution know if a school is returning unclaimed loan checks.

So someone took out a loan for almost $4,000 in my name at Baker in September of 2003.  When the check got there, they cashed it.  After the check was cashed that person and a co-worker I'm sure, went back into the system and changed the status of the check to "returned".  These institutions trusting the schools never investigate if the money was ever returned by the college or university.  Leaving people like Sue Cathcart and Jeff Love to get the fattest pockets you've ever seen.  She came to class bragging everyday about shopping at Somerset Collection.  Buying her daughter $125 bathing suits.  Her home, her car and her husband.  I was thinking, "Wow, college administrator's make a lot of money!"  I have friends who live in Troy with homes like the one she has.  Great rooms  and vaulted ceilings.  At that time those homes were worth in excess of $300k.  Factor in two teen-aged daughter, who shop at Somerset Collection and you broke!

Her husband was a Psychologist, and I didn't think they made that kind of money.  If he is taking extra time to sub at Baker, he must not be hip to the extent of the scheme.  I'm sure he is, but I think that Sue uses him to size-up people like me with his Psychological skills.  I had in the first semester written that professor she was trying to sabotage and told him of her scheme to disgrace him.  I called it a "diabolical plot".  I'm smiling to myself as I type this, because Sue Cathcart thinks she's "smarter than the average bear."  When her husband went around the class asking what everyones favorite movie was, I replied, "Silence of the Lamb".  The look on his face was priceless (yes, I have a lot of those moments).  You can tell a lot about a person from the type of dog they like, animal they would like to be and the movies that they watch.  My favorite movies always seem to involve some woman who beats insurmountable odds to beat out her foes in the end.  That's what Clarice Starling had done with the help of Hannibal Lecter.  Steve would hate to say this is true, but he is my Lecter.  Like that dynamic duo, we are bound by our circumstances, and he can't be with me physically, but he can through clues and snitches help me get to the places I need to be.

He can let me know what color to where, what meetings to attend and who is the next target in "the game".  We are more handicapped than Starling and Lecter, because before he escaped, she had constant contact with him.  She could ask questions or get clarification on things.  I don't get that, and sometimes I mess up, because of it!!!  Ooops!  For a bunch of thieves this isn't the ideal person to come up against.  If you watch the movie, Clarice is determined to quiet the lambs cry in her head, and until she finds "poor little Katherine".  She will not be content with herself or her own career.  Hannibal sees that hunger and feeds off it.  I don't want to tell you what I'm trying to silence, neither do I want to tell my prize, but surely you can only guess what both are.

Baker College is a joke, and a scam of epic proportions.  Black children and poor Whites are lulled into the sense that they will be educated.  When in reality, they will graduate dumb, be pushed through the system and made to suffer the consequences of a lacking education.  There s no educating going on at Baker for the majority of the students going there.  If you are given good grades for poor work, then what do you learn?  You are just a dollar sign to women like Sue Cathcart, a means to get more money for her fancy home and fancy clothes and I can only imagine drugs.  Most people who steal to this extent are using. They don't care about students there, but only the money those students can generate through being there.  When I say money being generated, I'm talking about legally and illegally.  If everyone who has been to Baker, goes on and check your student loans for Baker, you might find loans you never applied for.  If you do, then they will all be "forgiven" and supposedly sent back to the lending institution.   When you go to Baker, as I did last Fall, and ask about the loans you might get the reply I did.  "What do you care?  You don't have to pay any money back."  Um, excuse me asshole, but you don't think I should be worried about a so-called legitimate college, using my name, my social security number, address and phone number, and birth date (they changed that in the system, and I had to jump through hoops with Federal Financial Aid to get aid this year.  That's what started me looking into this whole thing) and get an illegal loan?  Then forge my name on the document and cash it?  Are you serious?  SMH


No comments:

Post a Comment