Friday, December 17, 2010

Robert Bobb...Schools and Jezebel

Robert Bobb
Emergency Financial Manager
Detroit Public Schools

I was disappointed to hear that members of the Detroit Public School System had won a battle with Robert Bobb.  I have come to admire his tenacity and zeal to reform the DPS.  He is a man of great insight and imagination.  These things are key to bringing a turn around in such a dire situation.  The School Board President, former Deputy Mayor under Kwame Kilpatrick is more than likely a thief.  He is probably one of the people who got immunity for testifying against his old boss and his father.  Up until the blog, I've heard very little mentioned about his involvement with the Kilpatricks on television or in the press.  But I remember him very well during the whole scandal.  He could be seen leaving in and out of the Manoogian Mansions on a regular basis, while TV reporters asked him questions.   It seems that Bobb has not forgotten, and when they interviewed him after the judges decision his response was stellar.  He said something to the effect that they can create all the programs for the students they want, "I still control the purse strings."

His defiance made me laugh.  The joy in my heart by those words could not be contained.  In the steed of Barack Obama, you just don't find men like him, anymore.  Not in the public sector, where money flows from grants, possible bribes and extortion.  He is managing the DPS with such poise, when he is coming against some of the most ruthless people in politics.  Money and power is the biggest cause of the fall of any man, and Kwame Kilpatrick has shown us that.  Men like Brooks Patterson, Anthony Adams and others have the power, but no valor.  They use their positions to further their own personal agendas, and not that of the people they serve.  Now there is no doubt in my mind that Adams is a thief, because Kwame Kilpatrick would never allow a man on his team that went against his agenda.  Since his main agenda was stealing money from the lucrative Water Treatment Center is now public record.  I don't care what his "jack legged" lawyer tries to say.  The Feds are thorough and usually take years to investigate these kinds of crimes, and have built an elaborate body of evidence that will include witnesses, documents and lavish spending.  Bobb is not going to allow this kind of pillaging of the DPS to continue.  He is a brilliant man who can not be deterred from his ultimate goal; success.

When I look at him I see guts.  Thieves are a desperate bunch, and here's why.  Once you begin the task of stealing you develop a lifestyle from the money you steal.  You acquire cars, homes and huge drug habits that are outside of your income range.  In order to keep up with all of these things, you must continue to steal, because if you don't then you risk exposure.  Now Anthony Adams may be living on some of the millions he stole from Detroit now, but his move into the DPS shows that he is still in the business of bleeding public municipalities dry.  Well, he'll be moving on to "greener pastures" really soon.  Since Snyder has decided to give Bobb until the end of the school year the money is still tied up.  All of his efforts to rally public support to out Bobb has failed.  In Pontiac, we are use to those kinds of charades from those robbing us blind.  They gather seven or eight loud mouths to raise a little hell for a time, and make it appear that the entire city is supporting their cause.  In Detroit, because it is so big, they can pack a meeting, but it's still not the wishes of the silent majority.  If Adam's is anything like his old boss, "strong arming" could also be a part of the scheme. I do remember death threats being made against Bobb.  That would work with a man like Pontiac's ex-EFM Fred Leeb, who wanted to put up metal detectors to secure his life at Council Meetings.  It's funny, but Michael Stampfler doesn't attend those meetings.

Bobb wasn't scared, and I don't believe he gave it more than a passing thought.  What this man suffers, he will suffer in silence.  Men like him are bred in heaven, and when you look at him, he seems peculiar.  Not here with us, but coming back from a deep trance of sorts.  He's a deep thinker, builder and architect in his own mind.  He is one thing that Jennifer Granholm got right during her administration, but I'm sure she didn't make the choice herself.  Bobb is a mystery who has escaped the tricks and plots of the liars and conspiracies of Adams and his cronies.  I'm going to take a line from a Detroit native, Aretha Franklin, "Still waters run deep".  Robert Bobb's waters flow like an ocean.
I know a man like that, too!

Having worked in the Pontiac School District with Girl Scouts, I know the extent of the "money getting".  When I wanted to start a DAPP Troop at Pontiac Central in 1997, I came up against so many obstacles from administrators and faculty.  One man was getting paid to do a drug and alcohol program in the school and wasn't doing one thing with the children.  My biggest foe was a woman named Janice Watkins, who seemed to be reliving her high school years vicariously though the students.  She not only had her hand in the "cookie jar", but she was rumored to be having sex with a student, Andrew Terry, Ninth Grade Principal, but she was engaged to Hayes Jones of the Pontiac School Board and was literally running the school.  Clifford Sykes had one of the best marching bands in the State and traveled all over the country playing with his students.

Janice Watkins-Jones-Tipton was jealous of his close relationship to his students and their great success and felt she should have a piece of it.  When Mr. Sykes didn't cozy up to the idea that she wanted to become "marching band" mascot he created scandal in his camp, and suddenly his program was in jeopardy.  She took a trip with him somewhere and started a fierce string of controversy that ruined his run as one of the best band leaders in Pontiac's history.  We mustn't forget Mr. Wise; however!  Although she had no formal education, and no real skills in administration, accept that she was having sex with the top basketball player (pedophile), she was having sex with the second powerful person at the school, Mr. Terry, but she then went home and had sex with a School Board Member.  She had all her bases covered, with everyone in the school.  The player influenced the students, the principal influenced that schools policies of investigation, and if it went to the board then Jones would influence the Board.  I know Mr. Syke's knows a higher power, because I saw him at the Tree Lighting downtown with a bunch of children from Jefferson/Whittier.  It seems as if he had survived her coven of deceit.

For a few years, she had the School Board in her grasp.  I need not say that she had Pontiac Police Detective Terri Covington in her pocket, too.  I have heard rumors about Terri and her fellow PPD employee Pam Chambers.  I'm thinking that Janice Watkins-Jones-Tipton may have some "confusing" habits, too.  I'm just saying.  I know that Janice Watkins-Jones-Tipton has survived brain cancer and all, but when I heard about it, I just felt relief.  I said to myself, "God has finally found a way to shut her up and sit her down."  Anyone who was effected by the schools in Pontiac in the mid 90's know what I am talking about.  After the School Board got wind of her shenanigans with our students in the school, and got tired of her challenging them publicly, down-grading the administration and stuff, they just shut Jones out completely and forced his resignation.  Safe to say their marriage didn't last long after that, because she wanted power and now he didn't have any.  His "hay day" of just being Hayes Jones was over.  They harassed her out of the schools and the rest is history.

The work place is gushing with money, sex and gossip.  I was in a holding cell with her newly acquired step-daughter during my case.  She told me that Watkins-Jones-Tipton was coming between her father's and her relationship.  That she was mean on the phone, wouldn't allow her father to help her financially and was an all around "evil step-mother".  I believed every word she said, since Watkins-Jones-Tipton, had taken a page out of the biblical tale of Jezebel when dealing with Pontiac Central High School.  I think the dogs are waiting at the gates as we speak.  When I went to speak in 2004 at the City Council Meeting she and Bryan Flye were sitting outside the chambers with guilty looks on their faces.  I wonder if they thought that her step-daughter had enlightened me on anything that was going on between the two of them?  It stands to her testament that she loves power and a then Sergeant would go a long way at making an attempt to run the city.  Although cops are far from ever being complacent and trustworthy.  I still have problems with that after all I've been through.  So, I'm sure she is beyond him these days.  I bet she learned quickly that cops rule and not p@#!y.

Now we have the Merry Da-Da and his band of "artsy fartsy" field trips.  He has just gotten seven (7) million dollars and I wished Bobb was here to oversee his spending of it.  I'm actually expecting a group of men dressed like The Village People to parade down Auburn Road at any minute to celebrate the award.  I see Janice Watkins from time to time on Facebook, and she's not the young "piece" she was back 15 years ago, and I think she has finally settled down.  Thank goodness, because I don't think this city could deal with her having sex with one more powerful man in this city and taking over!  It would just be too much!!!  SMH

No comments:

Post a Comment